- Responds to all subcontractor and other vendor payment inquiries.
- Reviews and properly codes all invoices to ensure billings are within contract and valid.
- Distributes subcontractor and job-related invoices to assigned project manager for approval.
- Enters all invoices into the accounting system.
- Ensures all subcontractors have a current Certificate of Insurance on file that meets all insurance requirements.
- Pays all vendors and subcontractors on time.
- Runs reports in the Sage system as needed by executive team and CPA.
- Creates new jobs in the Sage system per the Project Manager and closes completed jobs as necessary.
- Reviews and enters change orders, subcontracts, budget updates, etc. from Project Managers into the Sage system.
- Runs job cost reports and other job-related information to provide to Project Managers and upper management.
- Creates and finalizes project billings as assigned including all necessary corresponding documents with approval from the Project Manager.
- Makes appropriate entries to record payroll information into the Sage system.
- Manages all information, especially employee deferrals and personal information, with complete confidentiality.
- Maintains constant awareness of current cash flow and keeps upper management apprised of current balances.
- Creates employee W2’s, 1095-B’s, and other mandatory tax forms at year-end.
- Reviews and creates subcontractor/vendor 1099’s.
- Manages all conditional and unconditional lien waivers per job requirements.
- Ensures proper filing within the accounting office.
- 4+ years of bookkeeping or related experience
- Active State of Indiana Notary or ability to obtain
- Associate degree in accounting, business, or other related field
- 2+ years construction bookkeeping experience.
- Experience with Sage Construction & Real Estate
Work Location and Hours
- Position is located at our office in Danville, Indiana
- Work days are Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm