- Plan, lead, and coordinate superintendents, assistant superintendents, and subcontractor’s work activities for multiple projects.
- Provide overall administrative and technical management for a wide range of construction projects.
- Provide estimating, from conceptual budgets to hard bids, including soliciting subcontractor and material supplier bids.
- Develop bid packages and write front-end specifications for assigned projects.
- Provide scheduling, from basic “high point” schedules to detailed schedules.
- Procure permitting necessary for assigned projects.
- Conduct a thoughtful project pre-plan which includes a schedule, work sequences, manpower utilization, material handling and storage requirements and equipment use.
- Contract administration including job cost set-up, owner contracts, owner change orders, correspondence, subcontracts, and subcontractor change orders.
- Complete project closeout by assembling warranties, operation & maintenance manuals, as-built drawings, and completed punch lists.
- Work with bookkeeping to execute and deliver detailed AIA formatted billings.
- Ensure implementation of the Rigdon Construction safety program that creates a safe and healthy work environment through the job site and adheres to OSHA safety and record keeping requirements.
- Take the lead on productivity issues and monitor work performance and productivity of subcontractors to ensure project plans and schedule are followed and the project is executed effectively and within budget.
- Advise senior level management of potential problems, work interferences or schedule difficulties, while assisting in circumventing or mitigating such conflicts. Provide assistance to involved contractors in resolving problems.
- Communicate with owner, architect, and design professionals to ensure compliance to design intent and owner satisfaction. Facilitate discovery and correction of contract document “errors and omissions” and problem solving to reduce the cost incurred.
- Use current construction management system to perform record-keeping tasks including, maintaining project logs and retrieving RFIs, submittal logs and agreements.
- Conduct regularly scheduled progress meetings with owners, design teams, and subcontractors to stay current with overall job progress.
- Self-motivated, organized, and detail oriented
- Ability to communicate well with co-workers, subcontractors and vendors, design team, and clients
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related area
- 5+ years of commercial construction experience
- Previous experience as PM, Project Engineer, or in Pre-construction for a commercial construction company
- Experience in utilizing a variety of contract delivery systems
- health insurance
- PTO and holidays
Work Location and Hours
- Position is located in Danville, Indiana
- 40+ hours per week